Sunday, June 8, 2008

I fell off the wagon

Hello, my name is Cynthia and I have a pattern addiciton.
I've been working so hard to finish some ufo's this year and done pretty good at keeping up with my monthly goals. I've finished several things!!! And now I may have lost it. It all started when my friend Mary called to tell me about some new patterns she had. She works at a local gift shop and they had ordered some patterns, whoo hoo! The closest fabric or quilt shop is 2 hours away so learning that they were branching out into patterns was a thrill. And of course I need to support a local shop. The patterns were from http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/
The first pattern is Twas the Night Before Christmas. Most of my Christmas decorations are in the theme of the Night Before Christmas so I just had to have this pattern. OK, another redwork pattern. Then I saw the patterns for Posy Pocket Handbags and the Wild Rose Sewing Wallet. I'm a sucker for purse patterns. Just 3 new patterns.

Well, I had almost forgotten that I had signed up for a wool block of the month from my favorite quilt shop. It started this month! With work I wasn't able to go to the first class so they are mailing me the kit. It's the Folk Art Album quilt from http://www.primitivegatherings.us/shop/ I love this quilt!! The kit should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to start it. Isn't it beautiful?!



While I was showing Primitive Gathering's website to a friend I saw their new book "Primitive Christmas" and had to order it; I received it yesterday. It has some wonderful projects. I also saw several other quilt patterns that I would like to get while I was surfing around but so far I've been able to resist, but I do feel myself weakening.

I did finish 2 Sail Rigger bags for Jaime this week, she picked out some great fabrics. And I'm on the September snowman, only 3 left. Thanks to everyone's comments I've decided to quilt it with crosshatching. I'll be going to Lexington next week so I will be able to get fabric to set them up with. And I'll try to keep blinders on when I visit the quilt shops!

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh Cynthia, I love Crabapple Hills! And redwork! But I don't have that pattern - probably one of the few I don't have. Redwork is just the most relaxing thing to do ever. Enjoy your patterns and don't feel guilty. Blessings, Marlene