Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Been busy

I've had a busy few days since I got home from Quiltfest! I made 2 more Civil War quilt blocks, Special Blessings and Southern Notes. I paper pieced them and had better results than on my first block. I found a wonderful pp tool at Quiltfest: add-enough by the people that make the add a quarter rulers. http://www.addaquarter.com/
It helps measure the size you need to cut. I wasted a lot of fabric on my first block.

Quiltfest was wonderful! The vendors were good and the quilts beautiful. I didn't do too much damage, I got a couple of quilt patterns and several fat quarters. I took lots of pictures but haven't figured out how to link them. I'll try to get that done soon.


Last night I took a basket class. I think my basket turned out ok, I still need to stain it.


And today I got the binding sewn on Slice of Summer, now I can whip the back down while watching tv. I almost have another finish!!

2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Your blocks are lovely. I haven't tried any paper piecing yet but I will need to soon. Some of these blocks are quite detailed.

Lily Boot said...

Oooh your block with the large triangles is lovely! I too wasted quite a bit of fabric on one of the unusual triangle blocks - it was unbelievably frustrating and in the end I had my husband work it out for me - he finds this geometric weakness of mine very satisfying! :-)