Sunday, August 1, 2010

my new purse!

I had a wonderful time in Knoxville at the AQS show a few weeks ago and bought the pattern for this purse there. It was easy to make and I love the leather handles. The pattern is called "Westwood handbag" from Quilt Plus-http://http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=1872879168657685913
They had the most amazing purses on display, most made from Japanese fabrics. And the handles!!! Oh my, I had never seen so many handles in one place and in so many colors. Of course I got brown. If you ever get a chance to go to one of the AQS shows-go!!! I had two lectures with Alex Anderson which were great and I prowled the vendor booths and got lots of goodies. Now to find the time to sew.



I've started quilting the shop hop quilt, I want to finish it and give it to Jaime for Christmas, it'll look good on her brown wall. My machine quilting is gradually improving and I've stopped taking out stitches. I'll wait and see how they look when it's done. And it will be on a high wall!

1 comment:

Julie said...

It's gorgeous! I keep buying purse patterns but haven't made them! Amy's wedding quilt is consuming me right now, plus I quilted an almost king size quilt in 2 1/2 days for a friend last week.